Today I am sharing a recipe for one of my favorite appetizers to make and eat! These Ham & Cheese Spirals are great snack recipe to take to family and church get-togethers, tail gating parties, wedding and baby showers too. They also make a great afternoon snack for kids. If you do not eat pork, you can use turkey instead of ham. You can also make a low fat version of thse by using reduced fat crescent rolls, turkey, low fat cream cheese (or neufchâtel cheese) and fat free sour cream. They are a quick, easy and delicious finger food!
- 2 Cans of Crescent Rolls (I use the reduced fat)
- 1 Pack of Sandwich Ham (use turkey for a low fat or non-pork version)
- 1 8oz package of Cream Cheese (can use low fat or neufchatel cheese instead)
- 8 oz of Sour Cream (can substitute for Light or Low Fat)
- 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dip/Dressing Mix (I actually prefer to use Over the Edge Spinach & Herb Mix from Partylite)
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the Cream Cheese, Sour Cream and Dip mix together well until mostly smooth.
- Roll out 2 crescent rolls and pinch them together to make a rectangle dough
- Add 1 slice of the ham or turkey
- Spread a thin and even layer of the cheese/sour cream dip mix
- Carefully roll the crescent roll sandwich
- Cut into 5-6 smaller pieces using a chef, santuko or other large knife. *be sure to wipe the knife off with a paper towel between every few cuts – this will make it easier to slice through
- Place pinwheels onto a baking sheet or cookie pan
- Bake 8-10 minutes until the crescent rolls are golden brown
- Serve & enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, you should also check out my Best Leftover Ham Recipes post!
Did you like this recipe? I would love & appreciate it if you would Tweet, Share, Pin It and/or Comment Below! Thank you!